Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why This Blog

I became a Christian on July 17, 1994. In the time since, I have had many struggles, experienced many victories, and have learned many lessons. At this point in my life, I believe the only way to "fail" in this life, whether as a Christian or in any other area, is to give up. I also believe that the only way to succeed is to keep your mind and heart set on the goal.

For Christians, the ultimate goal of our faith is heaven; thus, this must be our focus.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" (Colossians 3:1-2).

Another thing I have learned is that this setting of our hearts and minds is not a once-for-all thing. Life happens. Jesus promised us, in fact, that each day would have "enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34). This blog, at least for the time being, is my way of fighting this fight.

4 comments:

  1. I la la love that you are doing this, Sean! I look forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thank you! Hopefully, you won't be too disappointed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sean. I love it too. I recently began writing for examiner.com on the topic of bible studies. Keep blogging and I will send my readers to your blog as well. I have found that writing about what I know to be true helps me to stay accountable as well. Good luck Sean.
    Respectfully,
    Andrea Truitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep fighting, it helps more than you alone.

    ReplyDelete